A very quick summary of the decisions from tonight’s council meeting. There were no surprises. The same old cliches, contradictions, and lamentable arguments were trotted out on cue. The gang has now definitely recruited another member – Thomas Sounness to join Pilling!
We will provide a full account of the ‘debate’ in the days ahead. Here are the outcomes:
1. 8 storey Glen Huntly Rd – reduced to 6 storeys.
2. 4 storey Glen Huntly Rd – reduced to 3 storeys
3. James St – reduced by one unit
4. Tree Register – passed – but all in the hands of officers and will account for less than 1% of trees
5. Car sharing – another ‘review’ in a year’s time!
6. Public questions – none answered satisfactorily
7. Magee’s Request for a Report – after much argey bargey finally got through plus $15,000 expenditure on ‘external’ report by consultant.